The Hurley Recreation Association is a private facility for members and authorized guests only.
A Two Person, Three Person, or Family Membership shall include married couples or heads of household and members of their family who reside in the same household and qualify as dependents as defined by the lRS. Any exceptions to these memberships that do not meet the above criteria should be brought to the Board’s attention in writing for consideration. A single membership is limited to one individual and can be obtained for anyone 14 or older. Current membership rates and fees can be found on our Membership Page.
- Provision for a Caretaker
A babysitter or caretaker not on the family membership may come to the Hurley Rec without paying the guest fee if they are there in place of a parent or guardian on the membership. If they attend while the parent or guardian is there they would have to pay the current guest fee. Grandparents not swimming do not require any additional fee to be pool side.
- Regular guests
Guests are to be admitted with regular members only. The guest fee is $10.00/day. The season limit on guest is (25) twenty-five per family and (12) twelve per single membership.
- Special Weekly Guest Pass
Available for out of county visitors of members. Arrangements can be made by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional passes can be issued to a maximum of 30. This does not affect the season limit number of passes.
- No glass beverage containers of any type are allowed.
- Speed limit is 10 miles per hour. No reckless driving.
- All cars must be parked in the parking lot. No unlicensed motor vehicles are permitted including dirt bikes, trail bikes, snowmobiles, ATV’s, etc.
- No firearms, air guns, BB guns, or bows and arrows allowed. No hunting allowed. Firearms permitted by Officers of Law.
- Damaging, destroying or removing any plant life is strictly prohibited.
- No one is allowed to enter or remain in the park after 11:00PM except for scheduled events authorized by the Board of Directors.
- Charcoal fires are allowed only in proper fireplaces or grills. Charcoal must be disposed of only in containers marked for this purpose.
- No wood fires permitted unless for a Hurley Rec event that has prior Board Approval. Must be in a firepit and monitored at all times.
- All picnic areas and fireplaces must be left neat and clean.
- No large group or organization may use any of the park facilities without written permission from the Board of Directors. Requests for permission must be submitted to the Board of Directors at least 10 days in advance by submitting a Facility Reservation form.
- Please report any hazardous condition or faulty equipment to the Park Director or the lifeguard at the pool.
- The Park Director or their designee is authorized by the Board of Directors to eject any person from the park for disorderly conduct. In cases where the infraction endangers the life or safety of others, permanent banishment from the park could result.
- No unattended children in the park under age 12.
- Defacing of park property, including picnic tables, is prohibited.
- Tennis courts are for members’ use only. Rules are posted at the court gate.
- No pets of any kind allowed in the park.
- The Hurley Rec. is a non-smoking facility. Smoking is not permitted anywhere on the property for our children’s health.
- Membership is required for entrance into the pool area.
- All members and guests must register at the gate upon entering. If your name does not appear in the Gate Book you must check in with the Park Director before being allowed to enter the pool area.
- Each family is entitled to bring twenty five (25) guests per season to the park. Each single member is allowed twelve (12) guests. Guest fees are $10.00 per person.
- No one is allowed in the pool area except when lifeguards are on duty.
- PARENTS OR GUARDIANS OF CHILDREN IN THE KIDDIE POOL ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR THEIR SAFETY. NO CHILD MAY BE LEFT UNATTENDED INSIDE THE KIDDIE POOL FENCE.
- No parent may leave a child under 12 in the pool area unless another adult 16 or over assumes responsibility for the child. Babysitters age 13-15 may accept this responsibility after attending an approved babysitting clinic.
- No running or horseplay in the pool area. Discipline will be maintained by lifeguards. The Park Director on duty is authorized by the Board of Directors to eject any person for disorderly conduct. In cases where an infraction endangers others’ life or safety, loss of membership could result.
- Infants in the kiddie pool must be properly attired. Swim diapers required.
- Children over 8 years of age are prohibited from the kiddie pool.
- Adult swim is for those ages 16 and over only.
- Artificial swimming devices (inflatable toys, bubbles, rafts, tubes, etc.) and SCUBA masks are prohibited in both pools. Goggles may be worn.
- No glass containers anywhere in the park.
- No person may give swimming or water safety instruction for fees.
- Children must demonstrate their ability to swim one length of the pool to the lifeguard before being permitted to swim in the deep end of the pool.
- Members are solely responsible for cleaning up after themselves and their children.